Thursday, June 17, 2010

No Longer A Bronx Blog

As you might have ascertained from some of my recent posts, I really don't like living in the Bronx. I miss nice people, quiet garbage-less streets, and a general concern for the well-being of others. I like quaintness sometimes, which is why I decided to change the title of my blog. No longer will I be reminded of where I live every time I want to write something. I'll just look up at the whale and feel better.

I chose that whale for a reason. Other than my obvious Melville obsession, I like his face. There are lines all over his body showing whalers where to cut him up, but he has a sly look in his eye because he knows he's better than those sailors. He knows he can outsmart them. And that's how I feel about the Bronx. I have at least 80 more I.Q. points than most people in my 'hood. I am like the mighty whale, knowing that someday he will outsmart the sailors and smush their little boat. I know someday I'll get the hell out of this neighborhood. I would smush it if I could.

OK, enough with comparing myself to a whale. Though I am formidable. Today I yelled some choice words at a couple of teenage boys who were trying to take up the entire sidewalk, and then had an attitude when my arm brushed against one of their arms. They did the usual teenage response of, "ExCUUUUUUSE ME!" I yelled something I won't type here because my mom reads it. But it sure shut them up! I walked on with a spring in my step because I hate teenagers and I like embarrassing them in front of their friends. I felt like this guy:

I have been waiting to use that comic for something. I think its my favorite comic ever. Yelling at teenagers was my nifty piece of footwork. (I like the word footwork.)

As there is no real topic for this post, I'll have to leave it at that. So from now on, don't look for A Bronx Blog. It is now Ye Olde Blog.

1 comment: