Wednesday, June 16, 2010


I feel like this guy pretty often. Today I sat down at the computer, ready for my brain to start spewing out creative words that would bring smiles to the faces of all those who read them. But nothing came. I have typed and deleted a few things now, and I guess I'm just not that creative today. My horoscope keeps telling me that I work too hard, and that I should take it easy. I don't know what it's talking about, as I haven't even been able to make myself do the dishes in three days. I am definitely not working too hard. But I have completely lost my focus.

I think it began with my wallet being stolen, which made me feel very violated, and made me have to deal with things that are probably the most annoying things to deal with. The bank, because this person used my debit card to buy $100 worth of metro cards, ($100 that I didn't have, which resulted in lots of fees etc.) And the DMV because my drivers license was in there. Since it was an Arizona drivers license, I had to go to their website and order another one. It would have been easy, except I couldn't remember what address they had on file for me so I had to try lots of addresses. It only let me try 3 times, and then told me I couldn't try anymore and I had to go to one of their locations. That would be easier if I wasn't in NY! So I called my mom and had her do it for me from her computer in Florida. I figured out which address they thought I lived at, which is the address of a not so great ex-boyfriend who I don't talk to anymore. So I had to find an address to say that I live at, that they will send it to, and then that person will send it to me. Thankfully I have another ex who I get along with very well, so he was happy to let me pretend to live at his house. We'll see if it works out.

As if those things weren't annoying enough, yesterday I checked the status of a package my mom sent, which they apparently tried to deliver the day before, but seeing as I wasn't home at 3 in the afternoon, they did not deliver. They also didn't leave the slip they are supposed to leave so I can reschedule the delivery. So I called the post office, and the guy who was not a very good liar told me that the slip would be in my mail box that day. It was not. They don't come back the day after attempting a delivery to leave you a note. He actually thought I would believe this. I would go pick it up at the post office, but seeing as you need the paper they are supposed to leave, and an ID (oh the ironies of life) I don't think they would just give me the box. Mike called them and demanded that they deliver it today. So we'll see if they do. I am pretty sure they won't.

So these are the reasons I can't quite get my creativity flowing lately. I'm waiting for too many things to be taken care of. And if it wasn't bad enough, the people I'm relying on are employees of a bank, the DMV, and the post office. It has to be one of the most horrible feelings of helplessness I've ever had. And that makes me really mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment